2016/04/07

Subject Pronouns & Object Pronouns

What are object pronouns?

An object pronoun functions as the object of a verb or preposition, as distinguished from a subject pronoun, which is the subject of a verb.
Examples:
  • He asked her to live with him. (her is the object of the verb asked and him is the object of the preposition with)
  • She told them the truth. (them is the object of the verb told)
Object pronouns substitute object nouns, usually because we already know what the object is.
  • She's my friend. I really enjoy being with her.
  • I like this film. I saw it last week.

Object Pronouns

Object pronouns in English are the following:
me, you, him, her, it, us, them
Object pronouns come after either a verb (e.g "like") or a preposition (e.g "to").
Examples:
  • I like you but you don't like me.
  • Do you really like her?
  • She loves sitting next to him.
  • She always writes e-mails to us.
  • He's talking to her about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment